Browned Butter Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats are quite possibly the best Rice Krispie treats ever! Browned butter, peanut butter and marshmallows melted together . . . they’re seriously amazing!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 bag (10-ounce) marshmallows (mini or regular work)
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 1/2 to 6 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- Butter an 8-inch square baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat constantly swirling/stirring the butter until it is light brown in color (the butter will start to get foamy at one point and then begin to brown along the bottom — watch it carefully because it can turn brown quickly!)
- Just as the butter begins to brown add the marshmallows, peanut butter and vanilla. Stir with a spatula until the marshmallows are melted and the mixture is sticky smooth.
- Remove the pan from the heat and immediately stir in the Rice Krispies.
- Scoop the mixture out into the prepared pan and press to fill all sides of the pan with a spatula. Let cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing into 9 or 12 squares.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 to 10 minutes
- Category: Desserts