I wasn’t going to post this cookie recipe today, but I couldn’t help myself. Chocolate chip cookies are my jam. I never ever get tired of making them and I’m always on the hunt for “the best ever chocolate chip cookie.” I’m sorry if you’re cookied out, but just bear with me here. You need these cookies in your life.
It was a gloomy, rainy day here last Saturday so I made Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies. After all, isn’t that the perfect reason to make cookies? I put a picture of them on Instagram and immediately had neighbors/friends leaving comments about dropping some off (they know who they are😊 xoxo). I’ve made these three times in the last six days. I think it’s safe to say I’m kinda in love with them.
These browned butter chocolate chip cookies are a favorite on my site and a favorite of mine. I used that recipe with just a couple changes. I chopped up a couple Skor candy bars (my fav!!!) and added them in for a little crunch and extra sweetness, and then I added an extra egg yolk for a little bit of chewiness and richness. I have to say best. decision. ever.
The dough is just ridiculously good so considered yourself warned. It’s rich and caramely tasting thanks to the browned butter, which by the way, just makes anything taste amazing. Browned butter takes food to a whole other level of deliciousness, it’s magical. Make these cookies and see for yourself and then you can thank me later.
Hope you have a great weekend. I’m hoping for some warm, dry weather, but if not, I guess I’ll just have to bake more cookies.Print
- 1 stick butter (, browned)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yoik
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1¼ cups chocolate chips
- 2 skor candy bars (, chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter in a saucepan over medium heat, swirling pan occasionally to melt. Once melted, watch carefully, until butter foams and just turns a golden brown color (little brown bits will start to form around the sides and bottom of pan). Transfer to a glass bowl and put in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- In bowl of an electric mixer, mix browned butter (make sure you scrape all the brown bits into your bowl) and sugars together, add vanilla, egg and egg yolk. Beat until fluffy and slightly shiny.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips and chopped Skor candy bar.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough onto parchment or silpat lined baking sheets. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden on the outside edge. Cool on cookies sheets for 2-3 minutes, transfer to a cooling rack.
Definitely make sure you line your cookie sheets because the toffee in the Skor bars can ooze out and stick to the cookie sheet. Clean up is way easier if your cookie sheet is lined.
Recipe Source: 5 Boys Baker