- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (, cut into tablespoons)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
Brown Butter Streusel Topping:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (, cut into tablespoons)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 pan and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, brown the butter by cooking over medium-low heat, swirling occasionally, until butter turns golden brown and has a nutty aroma. Pour the browned butter into a bowl, being sure to scrape all the brown bits from the pan. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In the bowl with the browned butter add the Greek yogurt or sour cream, egg, and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined.
- Pour liquid ingredients over dry ingredients and stir. Add the shredded zucchini and stir until well combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- Make the streusel topping by browning the butter the same way you did for the cake. Pour butter into a small bowl and set aside to cool slightly. To the bowl with the butter, add the brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Mix together with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle topping evenly over cake.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the cake is light golden brown. Let the cake cool on a wire cooling rack.
- While the cake is cooling, make the glaze by combining in a small bowl the powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Whisk until smooth and drizzle over cooled cake. Cut into squares and serve.
- Category: Cakes & Cupcakes