These brownies are fudgy, gooey and so, so decadent. You will love them.
- 1 /2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 /3 cup flour
- 1 /4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 /4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips(I use half milk, half semi-sweet)
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted, salted almonds
- 30 caramels
- 1 /4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons cream or milk
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Spray foil with nonstick spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, butter and water; cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Remove from heat and immediately add 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips; stir until melted.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- Add flour. salt and baking soda, stir until just combined. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. As soon as the brownies come out of the oven, carefully spread melted caramel mixture over brownies. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Cool in refrigerator. Grab the edges of the foil to liift brownies out, cut and serve
- Store in refrigerator.
- I liked these best chilled, but if you would rather eat them at room temp, just take them out of the fridge 30 minutes or so before serving.
- Feel free to use any kind of nut you like or leave them off completely.
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Brownies & Bars