- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 6 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
CHOCOLATE SOUR CREAM FROSTING: (or any frosting of your choice)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, soda, salt and cocoa. Make a well in center of flour mixture and add vegetable oil, water, vanilla, and white vinegar. Whisk until well combined and then pour the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 23 to 28 minutes, or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool and frost with frosting or dust with powdered sugar.
- In a medium bowl mix combine butter, cocoa, sour cream, powdered sugar and vanilla. Using a hand mixer, mix on low until combined. Increase to medium speed and mix until smooth and creamy. (*Can add milk or more sour cream if needed to get the desired consistency.)
- Category: Cakes & Cupcakes