Butter Fudge Fingers are buttery and fudgy and topped with an amazing brown butter frosting! They are amazing and live up to their name!
(This recipe was originally posted October 11, 2013)
If you saw my collection of cookbooks and cooking magazines you might say I have a huge problem. I just can’t help it. I am a sucker for good cookbooks and cooking magazines. Years ago I started a subscription to Taste of Home Magazine and I kept it going for years. I finally stopped the subscription for a few years, only to start it back up again later.
These Butter Fudge Fingers were in an issue from December 1998. I remember making them right away when I first got the magazine and then forgot about them. Well 15 years later I’m making them and couldn’t be happier. I forget how ridiculously good these things are.
How to make Butter Fudge Fingers:
- Melt butter and chocolate together in a small sauce pan over low heat on your stovetop. You can also do this in the microwave, but I usually do it on my stovetop.
- Beat together eggs, salt and sugar together in a bowl.
- Stir in the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Combine flour and baking powder and stir into chocolate mixture
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
How To Make Chocolate Drizzle:
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat or in the microwave, melt the chocolate chips. Stir until smooth
- If you need the chocolate thinner, add a little vegetable oil to get a nice drizzling consistency.
- Place the melted chocolate in a Ziploc bag and snip off a corner and drizzle chocolate over bars.
♡ The next step is where the magic happens!
How To Make Brown Butter Frosting:
- In a saucepan melt butter over medium heat, stirring until butter begins to foam and turn a golden brown color.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl to cool slightly.
- Add powdered sugar, half & half and vanilla and mix until smooth and well combined.
- Spread over cooled brownies.
Perfect when you’re craving something a little richer and fancier than the classic brownie.
Fudgy brownies slathered in browned butter frosting is a really, really good thing.
These little beauties are divine, possibly even sinful and worth every single calorie! Browned butter frosting is magical and could possibly make even chopped liver taste good.
You need these in your life!Print
Recipe Source: Taste of Home Magazine December/January 1998