Butter Fudge Fingers are buttery and fudgy and topped with an amazing brown butter frosting! They are amazing and live up to their name!
(This recipe was originally posted October 11, 2013)
If you saw my collection of cookbooks and cooking magazines you might say I have a huge problem. I just can’t help it. I am a sucker for good cookbooks and cooking magazines. Years ago I started a subscription to Taste of Home Magazine and I kept it going for years. I finally stopped the subscription for a few years, only to start it back up again later.
These Butter Fudge Fingers were in an issue from December 1998. I remember making them right away when I first got the magazine and then forgot about them. Well 15 years later I’m making them and couldn’t be happier. I forget how ridiculously good these things are.
How to make Butter Fudge Fingers:
- Melt butter and chocolate together in a small sauce pan over low heat on your stovetop. You can also do this in the microwave, but I usually do it on my stovetop.
- Beat together eggs, salt and sugar together in a bowl.
- Stir in the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Combine flour and baking powder and stir into chocolate mixture
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
How To Make Chocolate Drizzle:
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat or in the microwave, melt the chocolate chips. Stir until smooth
- If you need the chocolate thinner, add a little vegetable oil to get a nice drizzling consistency.
- Place the melted chocolate in a Ziploc bag and snip off a corner and drizzle chocolate over bars.
♡ The next step is where the magic happens!
How To Make Brown Butter Frosting:
- In a saucepan melt butter over medium heat, stirring until butter begins to foam and turn a golden brown color.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl to cool slightly.
- Add powdered sugar, half & half and vanilla and mix until smooth and well combined.
- Spread over cooled brownies.
Perfect when you’re craving something a little richer and fancier than the classic brownie.
Fudgy brownies slathered in browned butter frosting is a really, really good thing.
These little beauties are divine, possibly even sinful and worth every single calorie! Browned butter frosting is magical and could possibly make even chopped liver taste good.
You need these in your life!Print
Butter Fudge Fingers
- Total Time: 48 minute
- Yield: 24 bars 1x
- 2/3 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
BROWNED BUTTER FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 to 6 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup semi sweet chocolate c hips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter and chocolate together over low heat. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and salt until foamy. Gradually add sugar until well blended. Stir in chocolate mixture. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to batter. Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Place the butter in a medium saucepan and melt over medium heat, swirling it in the pan occasionally. Once the butter has completely melted, watch carefully, until butter foams and turns a golden amber color (little brown bits will start to form around the sides and bottom of the pan). Transfer to a large mixing bowl and let cool.
- Add the powdered sugar, vanilla and half & half and mix until smooth (I use a hand mixer).
- Spread over cooled brownies.
- In a microwave, melt the chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Drizzle over bars.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20-25 mins
- Category: Brownies & Bars
Recipe Source: Taste of Home Magazine December/January 1998
Leave a Reply