Brookies . . .have you heard of them?
They are all over Pinterest and they are super delicious. They have been on my list of 1, 387 desserts I still need to try and I finally got around to making them. I’m just really glad I made them for a Relief Society social my ward was having because I could have eaten the entire pan. I have to be honest though, I thought these were even better the second day!
The combination of brownies and cookies together is just genius (and ridiculously delicious).The flavor possibilities are endless and I already have other flavor combinations ideas I’m going to have to try.
I have a weakness for butterfingers so I figured that was a good place to start. How can you go wrong with a brownie layer, topped with Butterfinger bites and then finished off with a layer of Butterfinger cookie dough. Butterfinger heaven I’m telling you!
Butterfinger bites stuffed between a layer of brownies and butterfinger cookies. Amazing!
- BROWNIE LAYER:
- 1 box brownie mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pkg. ((10 oz) Butterfinger bites)
- COOKIE LAYER:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped Butterfinger Bars ((approx 16 “Fun Size” bars))
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine brownie mix, egg, vegetable oil and water. Beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Line a 9×13” pan with parchment paper or tin foil. Spray lightly. Pour brownie mixture into the pan and spread evenly.
- Top the brownie layer with Butterfinger bites, spacing about a half-inch apart from each other.
- To make the cookie layer: cream butter and sugars in mixing bowl. Add the vanilla and eggs and mix until incorporated.
- On low add your dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in your chopped Butterfinger. Take the cookie dough and drop chunks onto the top of the brownie mixture, gently pressing them down into brownie batter.
- Bake for about 23-25 minutes. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
Recipe Source: Brownie layer; Beyond Frosting, Butterfinger Cookie dough layer; 5 Boys Baker