These Butter Coconut Bars are absolutely divine! A buttery crust, topped with a sweet, gooey coconut filling which includes sweetened condensed milk. . . .my favorite! This bars will instantly become a favorite!
Holy moly, there aren’t even any words to describe how amazing they are. I had to pawn them off on friends and my husband’s co-workers because I would have eaten the entire pan.
When my husband came home from work and tasted one, he was in the same boat I was in. He would have eaten the entire pan if I hadn’t gotten rid of them.
Within five minutes of me dropping them off to three different friends, I got two texts and one phone call telling me how amazing they are!
My friends have very good taste!
These start with a buttery crust made from brown sugar, melted butter and flour. That’s pressed into a pan, partially baked, and then topped with a decadent coconut filling.
Now while I absolutely love coconut, if I’m being completely honest, the star of the show here really is the sweetened condensed milk. Isn’t everything better with sweetened condensed milk?
Then they’re topped with more coconut and put back in the oven to finish baking.
They’re simply perfect and if you’re a coconut lover like am, you’re going to love these!Print
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13×9-in. baking pan with parchment paper, spraying only the sides, lightly.
- In a large bowl add the flour, brown sugar and salt, mix well. Add the 1 cup melted butter and mix until well combined. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake until light brown, about 15 minutes. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 325°.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, sweetened condensed milk, flour, brown sugar, 1/4 cup melted butter, vanilla and salt, whisk until blended. Stir in 3 cups of the coconut and spread the mixture over the warm crust. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup coconut. Bake until light golden brown, 25-30 minutes.
- Allow bars to cool on a wire rack. Lifting edges of parchment paper, remove from pan. Cut into bars.
- Category: Dessert/Bars
- Cuisine: American
Recipe Source: Taste of Home Brownies and Bars Cookbook