This Cafe Rio Creamy Tomatillo Dressing is made with fresh cilantro, jalapeno and tomatillos. It’s delicious on tacos, salads, burritos, nachos, etc. You’ll never want to be without it in your fridge.
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 small tomatillos, husks removed and cut in half
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, seeded
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 clove of garlic
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Chill in refrigerator.
Most copycat recipes for this call for 1 cup of buttermilk, but I think it ends up getting a little too runny after being in the fridge for a couple days, so I like using 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
If you want this to have kick, leave the seeds and membrane in the jalapeno.
I buy the large container of Hidden Valley Ranch Mix at Costco, so if you have that and not the packets, it’s 3 tablespoons of the dry mix.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes chill time
- Category: Sauces/Dressings/Jams