Where did this summer go? I swear I blinked and it was over.
My house was so quiet today because my boys all started back to school today.
I was lonely for about five minutes and then I got over it.
Don’t get me wrong. I lOvE my boys, but it was so nice to get my house all cleaned today and have it actually stay clean for more than 10 minutes. You see, my boys seems to have a hard time remembering to do simple things like throw away their string cheese wrapper, put their shoes away, hang up their wet towels, put their dishes in the dishwasher instead of the sink, etc. . .you get my drift?
Enough about that, and let’s move onto more important things like cake batter. In case you didn’t know, I LOVE cake batter. I don’t know what it is about the flavor, but I am in love with it. It’s a dangerous thing when I make anything involving cake batter, like these cake batter buddies When I saw these cake batter truffles I knew I was a goner. They are amazing.
Take my word, if you love cake batter like I do, you absolutely, positively need to make these.Print
Cake Batter Truffles
- Yield: 24 -30 1x
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup yellow cake mix
- ½ cup unsalted butter (, softened)
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3–4 Tablespoons milk
- 2 Tablespoons sprinkles
- TRUFFLE COATING:
- 16 ounces (8 squares) almond bark (or white candy melts)
- 4 Tablespoons yellow cake mix
For the truffles:
- Beat together butter and sugar using an electric mixer until combined.
- Add cake mix, flour, salt, and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Add 3 tablespoons of milk or more if needed to make a dough consistency.
- Mix in sprinkles by hand.
- Roll dough into one inch balls and place on a parchment or wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Chill balls in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to firm up.
For the truffle coating:
- While dough balls are chilling, melt almond bark in the microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. Stir between intervals.
- Once melted, quickly stir in cake mix until incorporated completely.
- Using a fork, dip truffles into almond bark and shake of excess bark by tapping the bottom of the fork on the side of your bowl.
- Place truffle back on the cookie sheet and top with sprinkles. Repeat with remaining balls until finished.
- Chill cake batter truffles in the refrigerator until serving. Makes around 24-30 truffles.
- Category: Desserts
Recipe Source: The Girl Who Ate Everything
Leave a Reply