- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 small Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup butter, softened (almost melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Caramel topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender (or two forks) until mixture is crumbly. Press evenly into an 8×8-inch baking pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 1/4 cup sugar in an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Then add the egg and vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour over warm crust.
- In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle evenly with Streusel Topping. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until filling is set and/or a toothpick comes out clean. Drizzle with caramel topping. Cool completely and refrigerate until chilled. Store in refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, stir all ingredients together until well combined.
- This recipe can easily be doubled and made in a 9×13 pan.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Brownies & Bars