My mom has been making this Caramel Crunch for years. It’s a family favorite across the board. A buttery, crunchy crust, topped with vanilla ice cream, drenched in caramel sauce and topped off with more buttery crust. It’s AMAZING!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional, I always leave out)
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 jar 15-17 oz caramel sauce (Mrs. Richardson’s is my favorite)
- Combine flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, melted butter and nuts. Spread onto large cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. You want this mixture to be a light golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Spread a little more than half of the baked oatmeal mixture onto the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Pour the entire jar of caramel sauce evenly over crumb mixture. Carefully and evenly spread softened ice cream over caramel. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Freeze at least 4-5 hours or overnight. The longer the better.
If you want the ice cream layer to be a little thicker, feel free to use a little more ice cream. Since they changed the size of ice cream containers, it’s no longer a “true” half-gallon, so the ice cream layer is not as thick as it used to be. I would have actually used more ice cream this time, but I only had one container. But trust me, it is delicious whether it has a thick or thin layer of ice cream.
- Prep Time: 5 hours 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Desserts