The classic, delicious Rice Krispie Treat just got even better. Two layers of gooey Rice Krispie treats with a layer of caramel sandwiched between them. You literally can’t stop at just one of these Caramel Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats.
These Caramel Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats are out of this world!
I posted the recipe for these Caramel Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats seven years ago. That’s a long time for a recipe as good as this one is to be buried deep in the archives gathering dust.
Many of you probably don’t even know this recipe exists because who even scrolls back seven years?
So, today these little beauties are being brought back into the spotlight so they can have their moment to shine again and also get some much needed updated photos.
Caramel Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats. . . these are going to knock your socks off!
I think Rice Krispie treats are delicious. I love them when they are soft and gooey.
Now, pair them with a layer of caramel and they are just ridiculously DELICIOUS! These bars are dangerous and I should not be left alone in a room with them and neither should you. I seriously can’t stop at just one.
My friend brought these to a party over seven years ago. I don’t know if I should love her or hate her for bringing them and sharing the recipe. They’re freaking delicious. I’ve made them countless time and they’re a winner wherever I take them.
Sometimes I throw some extra mini marshmallows on top of the caramel layer before I had the second layer of Rice Krispies treats. . . I know, I live on the edge.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO MAKE RICE KRISPIE TREATS?
There is no right or wrong way, it’s personal preference. I know a lot of people melt the butter and marshmallows in the microwave, but I like to use the stovetop. Here is what I do:
- I put my butter in the pan and start melting it over low heat.
- Once the butter is almost melted, I add the marshmallows and put a lid on the pan. I let it sit for about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring it a couple times during those minutes.
- I take it off the heat when there are still a few whole marshmallows and then just keep stirring it until they are all melted.
- Then I add the Rice Krispies cereal.
SHOULD I MAKE ONE BATCH AT A TIME OR A DOUBLE BATCH OF RICE KRISPIES TREATS FOR THESE BARS?
It’s best if you make one batch at a time. If you made a double batch and saved half of it for later, it will start to cool and firm up while you’re waiting for the caramel layer to set up. This will make it tricky when you go to spread that second layer on top of the caramel.
Caramel Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 24 bars 1x
The classic, delicious Rice Krispie Treat just got even better. Two layers of gooey Rice Krispie treats with a layer of caramel sandwiched between them. You literally can’t stop at just one of these Caramel Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats. ♡
- 1 pkg. (11-14 oz) Caramels
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter
Rice Krispie Layer: (MAKE 2 batches) **
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 41/2 cups miniature marshmallows (or about 50 regular size)
- 6 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal
- In a large microwave safe bowl combine unwrapped caramels, sweetened condensed milk and 1/4 cup butter. Microwave on high in 1 minutes increments (stirring after each) until caramels are melted, about 3-4 minutes. Stir until smooth and set aside.
Rice Krispie Treats Layer: (repeat this twice)
- In large saucepan melt butter and marshmallows over low heat, stirring until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add Rice Krispies cereal and stir until well coated.
- Press mixture into buttered 9 x 13 pan. Spread caramel mixture evenly over top. Put in refrigerator while you make the second batch of Rice Krispie treats.
- Repeat steps for a second batch of Rice Krispie treats.
- Ingredients listed are for each single batch. So for example, you will need 10 tablespoons total of butter, 9 cups total of marshmallows, etc. Make sense?
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert/Bars
- Cuisine: American
Originally posted February 22, 2012
Lori West says
These are AMAZING! Thanks for sharing!
Miss Jodi….I am going to send these to Bubba ASAP! He will be one happy missionary
Jodi Ludlow says
Bubba will love them. We need to do dinner again, it was sooo much fun! Love you!
Kristen Blake says
I made these today for scouts…(Braydon said “I love these!!”)
Easy and delicious!