The classic, delicious Rice Krispie Treat just got even better. Two layers of gooey Rice Krispie treats with a layer of caramel sandwiched between them. You literally can’t stop at just one of these Caramel Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats. ♡
- 1 pkg. (11-14 oz) Caramels
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter
Rice Krispie Layer: (MAKE 2 batches) **
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 41/2 cups miniature marshmallows (or about 50 regular size)
- 6 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal
- In a large microwave safe bowl combine unwrapped caramels, sweetened condensed milk and 1/4 cup butter. Microwave on high in 1 minutes increments (stirring after each) until caramels are melted, about 3-4 minutes. Stir until smooth and set aside.
Rice Krispie Treats Layer: (repeat this twice)
- In large saucepan melt butter and marshmallows over low heat, stirring until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add Rice Krispies cereal and stir until well coated.
- Press mixture into buttered 9 x 13 pan. Spread caramel mixture evenly over top. Put in refrigerator while you make the second batch of Rice Krispie treats.
- Repeat steps for a second batch of Rice Krispie treats.
- Ingredients listed are for each single batch. So for example, you will need 10 tablespoons total of butter, 9 cups total of marshmallows, etc. Make sense?
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert/Bars
- Cuisine: American