Mini smokies wrapped in crescent roll strips and then baked in a sweet and buttery sauce. These Caramelized Pigs in a Blanket are insanely good and the perfect appetizer for any occasion!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 pkg. (12-14 oz) Little Smokies
- 2 pkgs. Crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat. Add honey, brown sugar and almonds and stir until well combined. Pour mixture into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Unroll crescent rolls and separate into triangles. Starting at the wide edge of the triangle, cut each triangle into 3 strips. (They don’t have to be perfect and/or the same size. Also, only cut about 12 of the 16 triangles to start.) Place a little smokie on the wide end of each strip and roll up. Place in pan on top of brown sugar mixture. Repeat with remaining dough and smokies. (*you can fit about 36 in the pan. You will have a few smokies left.)
- Bake for 20- 22 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for about 5 minutes then serve immediately.
- Category: Appetizers/Dips