On the eighth Day of Sugar my true love gave to me . . . .Cereal Candy
I feel that I should warn you upfront that this stuff is dangerous, in fact it’s beyond dangerous. If you are counting calories, trying to drop a few pounds, trying not to put on any extra pounds this holiday or have no self-control, then DO NOT make this stuff. The name of this stuff should be “cereal crack,” not “cereal candy.”
I got this recipe from my friend and she fully warned me about it. She even wrote on the recipe card “very addicting.” She was absolutely right. I couldn’t stop eating this stuff, my husband couldn’t stop eating this stuff . . .oh baby is it ever good! It’s pornagraphic, it’s sinful, it’s just plain evil!
The great thing about this is it makes a lot and would make a great neighbor gift. Fill a little cellophane bag, tie a ribbon and share this evil stuff with your favorite neighbors . . . . then they will either love you or hate you!Print
- 5 cups Cheerios
- 5 cups Rice Chex
- 5 cups Special K
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Put cereals in large bowl. Set aside.
- In medium saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add whipping cream and continue cooking until softball stage.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Pour over cereal and gently stir until all cereal is evenly coated.
- Spread onto cookie sheets to cool.