It’s Friday already. How does the week go by so fast?
It’s getting colder and I hate it, so I made soup. . . delicious cheeseburger soup.
So simple to make and absolutely scrumptious. We all devoured it, even my pickiest eater. It’s got great flavor, is hearty and filling and will absolutely warm you right up on those cold, chilly nights.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 tablespoons butter (, divided)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes ((1–3/4 pounds))
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups (12 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1–1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 to 1 tsp. teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, brown beef; drain and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, saute the onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley in 1 tablespoon butter until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Add the broth, potatoes and beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Add flour; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to soup; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in the cheese, milk, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from the heat; blend in sour cream.
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Taste of Home