So ridiculously good, this Cheesecake Swirled Brown Sugar Cake should come with a warning sign. Cheesecake swirls, raspberries and a crusty brown sugar topping. . . it’s seriously to die for!
I saw this Cheesecake Swirled Brown Sugar Cake on Instagram just a few days before we were leaving for the beach. I still had quite a bit to get done but I was literally drooling over this cake and wanted it right then.
Sadly, I had to practice some major self-discipline to not make this cake because I knew I had more pressing things to get done.
I dreamt about this cake the whole week we were in Newport. We got home Saturday night and I made this cake first thing Sunday morning and trust me when I say YOU GUYS, THIS CAKE!!!I honestly don’t even know where to begin.
The cheesecake swirl, the brown sugar cake, the raspberries, the crunchy brown sugar topping. . . . .holy schnikes it’s fabulous!
If you’re looking for a new dessert to try, have a party you need to take dessert to, you’re taking dinner to someone, then look no further, this cake is exactly what you need.My house smelled absolutely amazing while it was baking which was totally killing me because I was fasting on Sunday when I made it. So note to self: DO NOT make this cake ever again while fasting.
I think every single one of us could have eaten an entire cake by ourselves. That’s honestly no exaggeration. Top it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream . . . . it’s heavenly!I’m seriously so depressed right now that it’s gone, so I guess I’m just going to have to make it again today. Please find any excuse to make this cake, you’ll be so happy you did!
So if you’ll excuse me now, I have a cake to go make.
TIPS FOR MAKING CHEESECAKE SWIRLED BROWN SUGAR CAKE:
- Make sure your butter is at room temperature, the batter mixes up so much better if it is.
- When folding in the raspberries, be really gently and don’t over mix. You don’t want to break up and mush the raspberries.
- When swirling the cheesecake layer in, just put large dollops over the entire top of the cake and just give a few swirls back and forth and then a few more in the opposite direction. You don’t want to completely mix in the cheesecake layer. You still want to have big puddles/blobs of it. (When I remake this, I’ll try and remember to take pictures of that step.)
- Make sure the entire cake is covered with the brown sugar topping. There is plenty of it to go around, so make you spread it evenly over the entire top.
- Don’t forget to put a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW IF YOU GIVE THIS A TRY! I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK. SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM USING THE HASHTAG #5BOYSBAKER SO I CAN SEE WHAT YOU’RE MAKING IN YOUR KITCHEN.
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from I Wash You Dry