This Cheesy Black Beans & Rice is the ultimate side dish that is incredibly delicious. So simple to throw together and the perfect side dish for so many meals.
I’m still recovering from surgery, but wanted to bring an old recipe back into the spotlight (sorry no new photos). These Cheesy Black Beans & Rice are one of the easiest and most delicious side dishes ever. If you’ve never made them, you should ASAP!
(Original post from June 15, 2015) . . . .
Side dishes. . . .
I definitely have a love/hate relationship with them. I love a good side dish, but I hate coming up with them. Sometimes I think they are they are the hardest part of dinner. Does anyone else feel that way or is it just me?
Well, if you are in the same boat as me, I’ve come to your rescue today because this Cheesy Black Beans & Rice is pure perfection when it comes to side dishes. Besides the fact that it’s so delicious, it is incredibly simple to make.
Oh my heck this stuff is good, The rice is so flavorful thanks to the salsa that it’s cooked in and then it’s topped off with black beans and cheese. . . . ooey, gooey cheese. This is such a great side dish and pairs well with anything, not just Mexican. Serve it will grilled chicken, pork tenderloin, burgers, etc., it will taste great with anything!
No matter how you serve it, this Cheesy Rice and Beans recipe should definitely be in your recipe arsenal. You might even have everything you need to make it in your pantry right now! The great thing about this dish is it can also be served as main dish. Fill flour tortillas with it and then top them off with avocado, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, cilantro, etc.Print
- 1 cup white rice
- 3/4 cup salsa or salsa verde, store-bought or homemade*
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Colby jack or pepper jack cheese
- Place the rice, salsa and water into a rice cooker or saucepan. Cook according to directions.
- Stir in lime juice.
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the rice in a casserole dish (I like to use a 10-inch pie plate), top with black beans then cheese and cook until melted, about 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- I almost always use salsa verde when I make these. I love the salsa verde from Trader Joes.
- Category: Grains/Rice
I linked up at Buns in My Oven