- 1 cup white rice
- 3/4 cup salsa or salsa verde, store-bought or homemade*
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Colby jack or pepper jack cheese
- Place the rice, salsa and water into a rice cooker or saucepan. Cook according to directions.
- Stir in lime juice.
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the rice in a casserole dish (I like to use a 10-inch pie plate), top with black beans then cheese and cook until melted, about 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- I almost always use salsa verde when I make these. I love the salsa verde from Trader Joes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Grains/Rice