- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup milk or half n half (I used fat free)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 lb ground beef , cooked
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked rice (Not minute rice)
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, sliced
- Seasoning Salt
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded colby jack or medium cheddar cheese ((or about 6–7 slices))
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8×9″ baking dish.
- Cook ground beef and salt, drain excess grease off. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the water, milk and cream of mushroom soup. Add, cooked beef, rice and carrots and stir to combine. Sprinkle top with a little seasoning salt.
- Pour into an 8×9″ baking dish and bake, uncovered for 90 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese or add slices of cheese and return to the oven for another couple of minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Just plan ahead because this does need to bake for 90 minutes. It’s fast to throw together, it just takes a while to cook.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Cuisine: American