- ½ cup butter
- ½ onion (, chopped)
- 2 carrots (, sliced)
- 2 stalks of celery (, sliced)
- ½ cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked wild rice ((I use Uncle Bens))
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups shredded chicken ((rotisserie chicken works great))
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter in large saucepan. Add onion, carrots and celery and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup flour and cook until bubbly.
- Add chicken broth and boil until it thickens (just a couple minutes)
- Add wild rice, half and half, chicken, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
As this soup simmered it got thicker so I ended up adding more chicken broth to thin it down a little. You can leave it thick or add more broth or half-n-half, feel free to do whatever.
- Category: Soups/Chili