Now that baseball season has started and we have games 5 nights a week, sometimes 2 games a night, I need quick and easy dinners. These chicken crack sandwiches are the perfect solution, their name kind of says it all. . .these are so delicious! I knew my boys would love them because (1) they love ranch dressing and (2) they love bacon. Put the two together and it’s a winning combination if you ask them.
I love being able to throw something in my slow cooker in the morning and when dinner time rolls around, which for us during baseball season is 4:00 (I know, so early!), it’s all ready to go.
This is one of the easiest dinner ever. You literally plop all the ingredients into your slow cooker and let it work it’s magic. Once the chicken is cooked, shred it and mix it all together and add in some crispy, crumbled bacon.Print
Creamy, cheesy so delicious, you can use this Slow Cooker Crack Chicken on a sandwich, in a tortilla or as a dip!
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 2 pkgs. ((8 oz) cream cheese)
- 2 (pkgs. (1 oz) dry Ranch seasoning
- 8 oz bacon (, cooked crisply and crumbled)
- In a slow cooker place chicken. Sprinkle with ranch seasoning and throw in cream cheese.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours or until chicken shreds easily.
- Remove chicken from and shred. Stir cream cheese mixture until well blended (I used a whisk to try and get it as smooth as I could). Add shredded chicken back in and stir until all chicken is well coated.
- Add in cooked, crumbled bacon.
- Serve on rolls with cheese on top. Place under broiler for a few minutes (without the tops of the rolls) until cheese is melted. Replace top of the roll and enjoy.
Philly makes a Bacon Cream Cheese in the container which I used in place of one of the packages of regular cream cheese. Absolutely yummy! Not to overpowering, but adds the perfect bacon flavor.
Recipe Source: Cookies & Cups
I linked up at Buns in My Oven