When I see the word skillet in a recipe title, it is music to my ears. That word is magical, I swear.
Skillet dinners are one of my favorite meals to make, and this chicken enchilada skillet was delicious! Talk about a quick and easy meal. I threw this together in no time the other night and we inhaled it. Full of flavor and so, so fabulous!
This skillet dinner is a simple, excellent short cut for enchiladas. I used a rotisserie chicken for this recipe which always makes things a whole lot easier. . .not that this meal isn’t already easy enough. You basically dump a few things in a skillet and voilà —dinner is on the table!
Top it off with a dollop of sour cream and some fresh cilantro and you have a fantastic, comforting, delicious meal!
- 1 –2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 12 corn tortillas (, torn into bite-size pieces)
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can ((10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained)
- 1 can ((15 oz) black beans)
- 1 can ((10 oz each) red enchilada sauce)
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack blend cheese (, divided (or any cheese you want))
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick large skillet. Add tortilla pieces and chicken; mix well. Cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until hot, stirring frequently.
- Pour tomatoes and enchilada sauce, black beans and half and half over chicken mixture in skillet. Mix well. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over chicken mixture. Cover skillet and cook 5 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Serve immediately.
Recipe Source: Adapted from Ro-Tel.com