This Chicken in Lemon and Cream is fabulous and one of the easiest chicken dishes you’ll make. Tastes like it came from a 5-star restaurant.
This Chicken in Lemon and Cream is one of those meals where you can’t believe something that tastes this good could be so simple to make. Seriously, this is chicken is amazing and the sauce . . . holy moly!! It’s really all about the sauce here people, it’s divine and becomes even more divine after it comes out from under the broiler.
The pat of butter you top each chicken breast with melts into the cream sauce and oh my goodness, it’s amazing.
This chicken is great served with our favorite rice or baked potatoes. It’s a great dish for the holidays or any occasion. It definitely has that “wow” factor going on and will impress anyone you serve this too.Print
Chicken in Lemon and Cream
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast, pounded to about 1/2” thick
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons White Wine or Sherry (I used cooking wine)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup half-n-half
- Extra butter
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper chicken breasts, both sides.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet and saute chicken breasts about 4 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to an oven proof baking or serving dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine the white wine, lemon zest and lemon juice. Bring it to a low boil and cook for one minute. Slowly whisk cream and half and half in. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce over chicken. Put a pat of butter on each piece of chicken and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Put in oven under the broiler for just a few minutes, until the top of the chicken starts to brown. Watch closely, this only takes a few minutes.
You can use chicken broth in place of the wine/cooking wine.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Chicken/Poultry
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Beyond Parsley Cookbook
I linked up at Buns in My Oven
Carole @ From My Carolina Home says
Visiting from Buns in My Oven, this looks spectacular! Will try it soon.
Thanks for looking. I hope you have a chance to make it. I hope you keep coming back :).
Trisha @ Home Sweet Homemade says
This is callin’ my name girlfriend! You had me at cream sauce and I am in love with the pat of butter on each one! Pinned!
Found you on What’s Cookin’ Wednesdays!
This chicken is so delicious Trisha! I can’t wait for you to try it. Anything with butter and whipping cream is delicious! I hope you can find some other things on my site that are callin’ your name too. Take care.
You say put *back* in oven in step 5, but I don’t see a step where we put it in the oven in the first place, beyond putting the chicken in an oven-safe dish… Could you elaborate? Also, what temperature would you suggest? Thanks – I’d love to try this recipe!!
If that confused you I’m sorry. You are only putting this in the oven once, under the broiler. I turn my broiler to 350, but not all ovens have a temperature option for broil, you just press “broil.” So if that’s the case, there is no need to worry about the temperature. Thanks for looking. I hope you have a chance to make this.
that makes sense – thank you!!
OH MY GOSH!!! This recipe was soooo delicious!!! The chicken was so tender and the sauce was the bomb!!!! It made the whole dish. The lemon was just the perfect amount of deliciousness!!!
I’m so happy you tried and loved this! It’s seriously one of my favorites. I feel like I’m eating at some fancy restaurant when I (lol!). Thanks Shelly!