- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast, pounded to about 1/2” thick
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons White Wine or Sherry (I used cooking wine)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup half-n-half
- Extra butter
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper chicken breasts, both sides.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet and saute chicken breasts about 4 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to an oven proof baking or serving dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine the white wine, lemon zest and lemon juice. Bring it to a low boil and cook for one minute. Slowly whisk cream and half and half in. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce over chicken. Put a pat of butter on each piece of chicken and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Put in oven under the broiler for just a few minutes, until the top of the chicken starts to brown. Watch closely, this only takes a few minutes.
You can use chicken broth in place of the wine/cooking wine.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Chicken/Poultry