My 16-year old son is going to his first prom tonight. I’m kind of dying because he still just seems way to young. I just hope he talks to his date because he’s kind of quiet. This is my kid who, before he got his drivers license and my friend’s cute 18-year old daughter drove him to school some days, wouldn’t say more than two words the whole way to school. Fingers crossed for tonight.
So if you are like me and some nights (ok, lots of nights) just want something quick and simple for dinner, then this Chicken Lazone is for you. You won’t even believe how quick and delicious this is.
I’ve had this thing bookmarked forever and then kind of forgot about it. Thankfully I ran across it the other day and finally made it. This chicken is so delicious I can’t even tell you. My boys inhaled it and were licking their plates. The sauce is amazing and the chicken is full of flavor and so tender. You can eat it on its own or serve it over pasta like we did. You could also use chicken breasts instead if you like, you may just have to cook them slightly longer.
Honestly, dinners don’t get any easier or better than this.
I am so in love with this chicken and so are my boys. When I told them I was making it a second time there were absolutely no complaints. Definitely a new favorite of ours.Print
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs. chicken tenders ((or you can use about 4 chicken breasts))
- 1/4 cup butter (, divided)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- in a small dish, combine salt, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle over both sides of chicken tenders.
- In large skillet, melt half of the butter over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken tenders until done, about 8 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Pour the cream and remaining butter into the skillet. Lower heat and simmer until the sauce thickens, about 5-7 minutes.
I’ve made this a couple times now and the second time I substituted fat free half-and-half for part of the whipping cream. It was still delicious, so if you’re looking to make it a little “healthier” then that is an option. You could even use all half-and-half if you wanted, it just won’t be as “rich.”
- Category: Main Dishes
Recipe Source: Plain Chicken