- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs. chicken tenders ((or you can use about 4 chicken breasts))
- 1/4 cup butter (, divided)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- in a small dish, combine salt, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle over both sides of chicken tenders.
- In large skillet, melt half of the butter over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken tenders until done, about 8 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Pour the cream and remaining butter into the skillet. Lower heat and simmer until the sauce thickens, about 5-7 minutes.
I’ve made this a couple times now and the second time I substituted fat free half-and-half for part of the whipping cream. It was still delicious, so if you’re looking to make it a little “healthier” then that is an option. You could even use all half-and-half if you wanted, it just won’t be as “rich.”
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes