Tender strips of chicken smothered in a creamy sauce, served over a bed of pasta noodles. This Chicken Lazone is true comfort food that is ready in under 30 minutes.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs. chicken tenders (or you can use about 4 chicken breasts and cut into strips)
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Cooked pasta
- In a small dish, combine salt, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle over both sides of chicken tenders.
- In large skillet, melt half of the butter over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken tenders until done, about 8 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Pour the cream and remaining butter into the skillet. Lower heat and simmer until the sauce thickens, about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve over cooked pasta.
- I have substituted fat free half-and-half for part of the whipping cream before and it’s still delicious, so if you’re looking to make it a little “healthier” then that is an option. You could even use all half-and-half if you wanted, it just won’t be as rich.
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes