These Chicken Lime Tacos are a meal that I could eat weekly and be completely happy. I actually made them two nights in a row a couple weeks ago because we all went a little crazy over them. My sister Lori raved about them and said they were some of the best tacos she’d ever eaten. She told me I had to make them, so I did! The verdict. . . .she was absolutely right!
These tacos are light, healthy and packed with flavor. Completely versatile, you could make taco salads, burritos or even leave the chicken breasts whole, marinate them in the sauce for a few hours and then grill the chicken breasts. . . . YUM! Eat as is or slice and make grilled chicken tacos.
Honestly, you just have to try these to see what I’m talking about. Granted, we are kind of huge taco fans at our house, but even if you’re not, you will be after trying these! I wish you could have heard the praises and cheers coming out of my boys’ mouths while they inhaled these things.
Start to finish done in about 20 minutes. Dinners just don’t get easier.Print
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3–4 chicken breasts (, cut into chunks)
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 4 green onions (, roughly chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Flour tortillas
- Pico de gallo (, cheese, tomatoes, guacamole/avocados, cilantro, sour cream, etc.)
- Add the oil to a medium skillet and heat over medium heat, add chicken and sauté a few minutes until chicken just becomes white all around, stirring occasionally.
- While chicken is cooking, in a blender add vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, green onion, garlic, and cilantro. Blend for about 30 seconds, or until everything is well blended. Pour over chicken and stir until chicken is all coated. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove lid and simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Assemble tacos by placing a spoonful of the chicken (or however much you’d like) and any desired garnishes.
- Category: Main Dishes
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Favorite Family Recipes
I linked up at: Buns In My Oven