This chicken noodle casserole is a family favorite. Delicious, simple and so comforting! This is my kind of casserole. Comfort food at its best!
As I’m writing this post, my little Parker is laying next to me with his head on my lap. He’s got the body aches, a yucky cough and he’s sporting a fever of 103.
Hey, that makes me think of the Foreigner song Hot Blooded. Remember that song? Oh my heck, whenever I hear that song it reminds me of elementary school. There was a boy named Carl who was a special needs student. He was the coolest kid. He used to stick his head inside the huge school mailbox that was in front of the school and he would sing “I got a fever of a hundred and three . . .” Oh he was a funny kid.
Oops, totally got sidetracked there. Sorry. Anyway, Parker feels lousy and I’m hoping no one else gets this gomboo.
When you’re sick isn’t chicken noodle soup always the cure? Maybe it should be chicken noodle casserole because this stuff is so fabulous. It’s warm, hearty and so, so satisfying. It’s total comfort food and when you’re sick, you’ll take all the comforting you can get, right?
I love casseroles, but I know there are casserole haters out there. If you’re one of them, I’m really sorry because you are missing out! This casserole is creamy, comforting and is the perfect cure when you’re feeling sick. This stuff is so good, it may just convert all you non-casserole lovers.Print
Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
Warm, delicious and so comforting, this chicken noodle casserole should put a smile on everyone’s face. ♡
- 8 oz. wide egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups half & half (or milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Montreal chicken seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken (I love using rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 cup Ritz cracker crumbs (about 15 crackers)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter, add garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Whisk in flour and continue stirring until it browns a little.
- Slowly add the broth and half & half. Continue stirring over medium low heat until mixture starts to thicken. Add seasoningss, Parmesan cheese, chicken and noodles. Stir until noodles are coated. Pour into a buttered casserole dish.
- To make topping, combine all ingredients and mix well. Sprinkle evenly over top of casserole.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until bubbly and topping turns golden brown.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes
Kristie Sharp says
I’m TOTALLY making this Chicken Noodle Casserole! I’m pretty sure it will be a winner for my picky eaters!
My boys devour this Kristie! Even picky eaters will love it, just ask my Braydon
This was such a great recipe!!! It was easy, quick, and most delicious!!! My whole family loved it and gave it 10 thumbs up!!!!
Thanks Shelly! You’re becoming quite the little cook, aren’t you?
Looks wonderful!! Do you bake it in a 9×13 pan? Thanks!! 🙂
Brittany, I just put it in a round casserole dish, it’s probably about a 3-quart size. A 9×9 or 8×8 pan would work great too. A 9×13 is a little bit too big.