Yummy crescent rolls filled with a delicious chicken filling and then rolled in melted butter and dipped in crushed seasoned stuffing. Top them off with a black bean salsa and you have yourself an amazing meal!
- 8 ounces cream cheese (, softened)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 can ((4-oz) diced green chilies)
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 3 cups cooked (, diced/shredded chicken (Rotisserie chicken works great))
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 cups dry seasoned stuffing (, crushed)
Black Bean Salsa
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 small avocado (, diced)
- 1/3 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped (, fresh cilantro)
- 1 Tbsp. chopped jalapeno (, (or more if you want the heat))
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and sour cream until well combined. Mix in salt, pepper, green chilies, cumin and chili powder, mix until smooth. Add in chicken and stir until combined.
- Open the crescent rolls, take 2 triangular rolls and push together at perforated seam to make into a square. Make sure you seal the perforations well so your filling doesn’t come out. Put about a 1/3 cup of chicken mixture in the center of each square. Fold the dough corners to the center over the chicken mixture forming rectangle shaped pocket.
- Dip each pillow in melted butter on both sides. Roll in crushed stuffing covering both sides.
- Place chicken pockets on a lined or greased cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a golden brown.
- Serve topped with black bean salsa.
- To make Salsa: Combine all ingredients and refrigerate for a couple hours.
- Category: Chicken/Poultry