Perfectly grilled Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce – chunks of chicken breasts marinated in the most delicious marinade and served with amazing peanut sauce!
(This recipe was originally posted September 25, 2019)
Grilling season might be winding down, but I’m not quite ready to put my grill away just yet, and hopefully you’re not either. With weather still warm enough to fire up the grill, I had to share this Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce.
This Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce is something I could eat every. single. day. The marinade gives this chicken the most delicious flavor. It’s tender, juicy and tastes amazing.
This is super simple to make, but does need marinating time, so make sure you plan ahead. The longer this marinates, the better.
The peanut sauce is a must have! I could drink the stuff! Oh, and if you have any left, it makes a great salad dressing.
TIPS FOR MAKING CHICKEN SATAY:
- If you use wooden skewers, soak them in water before grilling, or they may catch on fire while grilling.
- If you want really flavorful, juicy, tender chicken, I would not marinate the chicken any less than 4 hours, but overnight is really the best.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge about 15 minutes before cooking. This will help the chicken cook evenly.
- For added flavor and a little crunch, sprinkle the chicken with crushed honey roasted peanuts . . .not necessary, but delicious!
- You can also cut your chicken breasts in half horizontally and then slice into strips and thread a single chicken strip onto a skewer, rather than threading several chunks of chicken.
CAN I COOK THIS IN THE OVEN OR ON THE STOVE TOP?
Yes to both! So even when your grill is buried in the snow, you can enjoy this.
Stove Top: To cook chicken satay on your stove top, heat a tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Cook skewers, a few at a time, for 2 to 3 minutes per side until cooked through.
Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet (or two) with foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place the skewers on baking sheet(s), making sure there is space between them. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until cooked through.
Oh this is so good. I can’t wait for your to try it!Print
Recipe Source: Chicken Satay – adapted from several different recipes I found online; Peanut Sauce from 5 Boys Baker.