This Chicken Taco Dip is creamy, delicious and packs just a bit of a kick. It’s loaded with so many good, simple ingredients. . . rotisserie chicken, cream cheese, corn, black beans, cilantro, etc. It’s the perfect dip for parties, potlucks, BBQs or any occasion.
When you’re at a party and there is a spread of food, does anyone else usually gravitate to the dips like I do? I can’t help myself. . . I love a good dip. When I saw the recipe for this Chicken Taco Dip, I knew it was going to be good.
I was right! It’s delicious and my family loved it too!
With Labor Day weekend coming up, I thought this was the perfect recipe to share today just in case you’ve got a family BBQ or party planned.
How to make chicken taco dip . . . .
- Cook and shred chicken, (I love using a rotisserie chicken, it makes this dip so easy!),
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning and garlic powder in a bowl (I use my hand mixer).
- Add in the shredded chicken, cheeses, tomatoes, corn, black beans, green onions and cilantro. Stir it until well combined and then refrigerate for a couple hours.
Serve this with your favorite tortilla chips and you’re going to be in dip heaven. FYI, I tried this with Frito scoops (because I love them) and actually loved this dip better with tortilla chips. The Fritos seemed to overpower the flavor of the dip, so we stick with tortilla chips. Go ahead and use whatever you like best.
Could I serve this dip warm?
I have only eaten this dip cold, but I think it would be equally delicious heated in the oven and served warm. I would pour it into a baking dish, add some more shredded cheese on top, and bake it at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until it’s bubbling around the edges.
One last thing . . .if there is an ingredient you don’t love, then go ahead and swap it out. You could use pinto beans instead of black beans; cheddar cheese instead of pepper jack, canned corn instead of frozen. Feel free to completely leave out something you detest. You can’t mess this up, I promise.
- 12 oz cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (I use a rotisserie chicien)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Pepper-jack cheese
- 1 can (10 oz) Rotel tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn (either thawed or still frozen work fine)
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (or more if you’d like)
- juice of half a lime
- Tortilla chips
- In a large mixing bowl, add cream cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning and garlic, mix until well combined (I use my hand mixer).
- Add chicken, cheeses, tomatoes, black beans, corn, green onions, cilantro and lime juice and stir until well combined.
- Cover and chill mixture for at least 1 to 2 hours (the longer, the better the flavor gets).
- Serve cold with tortilla chips.
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from The Chunky Chef