Simple, delicious and packed with so many good things, this Chicken Taco Soup is going to quickly become a favorite. It’s the perfect thing to warm you up on a cold, wintry day.
Happy Friday! I have a quick and yummy soup to share with you today because that’s about all I seem to want to eat these cold, wintry days.
This Chicken Taco Soup is so simple, so quick and so delicious. You basically throw all your ingredients into a big pot and let it simmer for 30 minutes. My boys inhaled it which always makes me overjoyed because sometimes they are just so darn picky.
I used a rotisserie chicken from Costco (my favorite!), but you could easily cook your own chicken breasts. This soup is so versatile too. If you don’t like black beans, substitute something else or leave them out. I just grabbed what I had in my pantry and threw it in. I highly, highly recommend the sour cream on top. Just a little dollop and then stir it in . . . .Mmmm, it’s delicious! Honestly, I could have eaten the entire pot.
This soup is so delicious and simple to make, you will love it!i
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 4 chicken boullion cubes
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded or about 4 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoons cumin
- 1 or 2 tablespoons chili powder (depending on how much heat you like)
- 1 can (15oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Corn chips
- Grated cheese
- Sour cream
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and add bouillon cubes.
- Reduce heat to low and add in chicken, cumin, chili powder, tomatoes, sugar, corn, black beans and kidney beans.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl mix cornmeal and water. Add to soup, stir well and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Garnish with desired toppings.
- Category: Soups/Chili
Recipe Source: 5 Boys Baker