- 1 rotisserie chicken ((or about 3 –4 cups chicken, cooked & shredded))
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can green chilies
- 1 can refried beans
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 7–8 corn or flour tortillas
- Shredded lettuce
- Grated cheese
- AVOCADO SALSA:
- 1 avocado (, peeled, pitted and chopped)
- 1 to mato (, diced)
- 1–2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 of a small jalapeno (, finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Combine ingredients for the avocado salsa and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In medium saucepan, combine sour cream and green chiles over medium low heat. When heated through add chicken and stir until chicken is coated. Reduce heat to low to keep chicken mixture warm.
- In a small fry pan, pour enough oil to just cover the bottom of the pan. Heat oil and fry tortillas, one at a time until browned, about 30 seconds on each side.
- Place on plate with paper towel and stack cooked tortillas.
- In small sauce pan heat refried beans and cumin. Stir until heated through.
- To assemble. spread refried beans on tortilla, then arrange lettuce over refried beans. Top with a spoonful of chicken mixture, cheese, avocado salsa and other salsa (if desired).
- Category: Main Dishes