These Chili Cheese Hoagies make a quick, simple and delicious weeknight dinner. Toasted hoagie rolls topped with chili and cheese, they’re so, so good! Done in 20 minutes!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (15 oz) chili ready diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 to 6 Hoagie rolls
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- Cook ground beef, bell pepper, onion powder and garlic powder and in a large skillet over medium-high heat, until meat is browned and peppers are soft.
- Add the tomatoes, chili powder, pepper, salt and sugar. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes uncovered,
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Cut hoagie rolls in half and butter both sides, place butter side down in a skillet and cook over medium high heat until golden brown and toasted.
- Spoon chili mixture onto bottom half of each hoagie roll and top with shredded cheese. Place hoagies on a baking sheet and broil in the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Category: Sandwiches/Burgers/Wraps