This chili cheese tater tot casserole is out of this world. True comfort food that will become a family favorite.
- 1 bag (32 oz.) tater tots
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- A few shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 8 oz. can of water
- 1 can ((15 oz) chili beans)
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sour cream ((optional))
- Green onions (, sliced (optional))
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spread the tater tots in the bottom of a greased 9×13-in. baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes.
- While tater tots are baking, in a large skillet, cook and crumble the beef with the salt, pepper and onion until the beef is no longer pink. Drain grease. Add the Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, tomato sauce, water chili beans to the skillet. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, simmer until mixture thickens (about 15 minutes).
- Top the baked tater tots with the chili. Sprinkle with the cheese. Return to the oven and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through.
- Top with sour cream and green onions if desired.
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes