Chocolate Billionaires are full of caramel, Rice Krispies, and chopped pecans then dipped in milk chocolate. After one bite you’ll agree that their name fits them perfectly.
♡ 12 DAYS OF SUGAR. . .DAY 9 ♡
Tips for making Chocolate Billionaires:
- I like to use a small cookie scoop to portion these out. Once I’ve scooped them all out, I flatten them slightly before putting them in the fridge.
- You don’t want to use much more than a heaping teaspoon for these. Once you dip them in chocolate, they will end up much bigger than you think they’re going to be.
- When I dip these, I drop them in the melted chocolate, top side down, then use a fork to flip it over and coat the bottom. Then I lift it out with a small fork, tapping it on the edge of the bowl to get rid of the excess chocolate. I like to use a skewer or a toothpick to slide it off the fork onto the silpat lined cookie sheet.
- Because I wanted more Rice Krispies in these than nuts, I adjusted the amounts of each from the original recipe. The original recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups of chopped pecans and 1 cup of Rice Krispies. Feel free to adjust the amounts according to your liking, just make sure you keep it at 2 1/2 cups total of those two ingredients combined.
- Use good quality chocolate chips for these, it will make a huge difference in how these taste. I use Guittard milk chocolate chips. If you prefer to use melting wafers, again use a good brand, like Ghiradelli.