Flaky, light biscuits filled with melty chocolate chips and drizzled with a creamy glaze. YUM!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter (, cubed)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup buttermilk
Whipping Cream Glaze:
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Using a pasty blender or 2 forks, cut in cold butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Add chocolate chips, and toss until coated. Gradually add 3/4 cup of the buttermilk, mixing until dry ingredients are moistened. Add remaining 1/4 cup buttermilk, if needed. (I used the full cup)
- On a lightly floured surface, gently knead dough 4 or 5 times. Roll dough 3/4 inch thick and then fold the dough in half and roll again to 3/4″ thick. Using a 2 1/2-inch cutter dipped in flour, cut dough, trying to get as many biscuits cut as you can. Reroll scraps once and cut remaining biscuits. Place biscuits in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with sides touching slightly.
- Bake 18-20 mins or until lightly browned. Let cool in pan for 20 minutes then drizzle with whipping cream glaze.
- To make the glaze, whisk all ingredients together until smooth.
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Breads