- Caramel Filling:
- 11 oz bag caramels
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- Cookie Dough:
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs (, room temperature)
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips ((milk or semi-sweet))
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Unwrap caramels and place in a small saucepan with butter and sweetened condensed milk. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until caramels have fully melted and the mixture is nice and smooth.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together in a large. Add peanut butter and continue mixing until well combined. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg, stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, and salt in a small mixing bowl. Add the flour mixture slowly stirring until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread 2/3 of the dough on the bottom of the pan. Slowly pour caramel mixture evenly over the dough. Take scoops of the remaining dough and flatten them slightly in your hands and place over top of caramel layer. This doesn’t have to be perfect and the entire top doesn’t need to be covered.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until edges just barely begin to turn golden brown. Don’t overbake these!
- Let cool completely and then cut into bars.