These Chocolate Chip Caramel Lava Cookies are decadent, gooey, delicious and the perfect ending to any meal. Top them with ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce. . . .desserts just don’t get much better than this.
There is just something about a gooey, warm chocolate chip cookie filled with melted chocolate and a Rolo candy that is completely irresistible. And if that wasn’t tempting and delicious enough, just try topping these off with a scoop of ice cream and chocolate sauce, it’s pure insanity!
Chocolate chip cookies are kinda my life (I’m sure you all know that by now). I never get tired of them. One of our favorite desserts around here is a warm chocolate chip cookie topped with ice cream and chocolate sauce. Trying to switch things up a few weeks ago, I got to thinking that what would be even better is more chocolate stuffed inside and a little caramel wouldn’t hurt. So bascially that’s how these Chocolate Chip Caramel Lava Cookies came to be.
They are super simple to make. I started with the dough for my Chocolate Chip Bars and then just melted some chocolate chips for the center and added a Rolo Cookie on top.
Just take a scoop of cookie dough and place it in the bottom of a greased muffin tin. Flatten the cookie dough to cover the bottom of the muffin tin. You should get about 9 or 10 out of the dough.Now take your bag of melted chocolate and snip a corner off of it and pour a nice layer over each cookie. Are you drooling yet? You should be!Place a Rolo on top of each mound of melted chocolate.Take the remaining dough and scoop about 2 tablespoons at a time, flatten and place on top.
Now try and be patient for the next 15 to 18 minutes while these babies cook. I know it’s going to be tough, but you can do it.Now here is what they will look like when they come out of the oven, just like a cute chocolate chip cookie muffin. Yes, it would be delicious to eat it like this, but go ahead and live on the edge and add some ice cream and chocolate sauce and dig in!You won’t regret it!
Oh yeah, and if there is any leftover melted chocolate chips from the filling, I drizzle that on top along with some chocolate sauce. Why not?Print
Decadent, Gooey and insanely delicious!
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips (milk or semisweet)
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 10 Rolo candies
- Ice cream
- Chocolate sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 10 of the cups in a standard muffin tin with cooking spray. Place 2/3 cup chocolate chips in a Ziploc bag and seal. Place the bag in the microwave laying flat and then spread out the chocolate chips in a single layer. Microwave for 30 seconds, then remove the bag and squish it with your hands, microwave in 15 second increments, squishing with your hands each time, until chips are completely melted. Set aside.
- In bowl of an electric mixer add butter and both sugars and cream together. Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using half the cookie dough, scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough, flatten it out a little and then place in the bottom of the muffin tin. Make 10 of these.
- Take the Ziploc bag of melted chocolate chips and cut a small tip in the corner of the bag, and gently squeeze a layer of chocolate over the cookie. Place a Rolo candy on top of each one. Scoop and flatten the remaining dough and place on top of the chocolate layer.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, until the edges are just browned. As soon as they come out of the oven, run a knife around the edges. Cool for about 7 to 8 minutes, then run a knife around the edges again and carefully lift out of the muffin tin.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream on top and then drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American