These Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies are a layer of chewy, decadent brownie, topped with chocolate chip cookie dough then baked to perfection. Brownies and Chocolate Chip Cookies . . . definitely, the best of both worlds here♡.
Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I use 1/2 milk & 1/2 semisweet)
Chewy Cocoa Brownies:
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (milk or semisweet)
Chocolate chip cookie dough:
- Preheat oven 350 F. Line a 9×9-inch pan with foil or parchment paper, spray with cooking spray and set aside
- In a large bowl cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar using a wooden spoon or hand mixer. Beat in egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar using a wooden spoon or hand mixer. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add cocoa and mix until combined. Stir in flour and salt until and mix until flour is incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon brownie batter into the prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
- Take spoonfuls of the cookie dough and flatten just slightly and drop over the batter until covered. (It’s ok if there are holes).
- Bake for 30-40 minutes (I like mine to be more gooey so I only cook them 30 minutes, it’s a personal preference here). Keep in mind they will continue to cook a bit as they cool.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooing rack. Allow to cool before cutting.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Brownies & Bars