- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 small box (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour, *see note
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I do half milk, half semisweet)
- 1 1/4 cups mini M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix butter, sugars, dry pudding mix and vanilla at high speed until light & fluffy. With mixer speed on low, add in eggs, continue on low speed until mixed well.
- Add baking soda, flour and salt, mix on medium speed until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and mix until combined. Gently fold Mini M&M’s by hand.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough (about 2 tablespoons) onto lined baking sheets about 2 inches apart (*gently press down with the palm of your hand if you want these cookies to flatten more while they bake).
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until they barely begin to turn golden. Don’t over bake.
- Allow to sit on cookie sheet for a couple minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
- It’s SO IMPORTANT for this recipe that when measuring your flour, you loosen/fluff it first, scoop it into your measuring cup with a spoon and then level it off with a knife. Don’t over measure your flour.
- If you’re cookies come out thicker/puffier than you want, bang the cookie sheet on the counter a few times.