These Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies are unbelievably delicious! Thick, soft, full of chocolate chips and seriously amazing! They may look like nothing special, but trust me, they are!
It’s no secret that I love cookies and cookie dough. Pretty much any kind of cookie makes me happy, but my all-time favorite has got to be chocolate chip.
Well today I have am sharing these amazing Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies that you are going to love.
Years ago when I was working, one of the partners at the firm I worked at would bring in these amazing cookies and cookie dough. We would go crazy over them, we couldn’t get enough of them. Well, there was a reason this guy could make a killer cookie, it’s because before he came to work for us, he used to work for Mrs. Fields Cookies. After asking many, many times for his recipe, he gave it to us and shared his tips on how he makes his “killer” cookies. I know it’s not a “Mrs. Fields” recipe, but just trust me when I tell you these cookies rock!
I made them and took them to my son’s high school basketball game the other night and they were a hit . . . I think people just like me for my cookies Ü!
Just make sure you follow his “rules” of making these cookies. I promise it makes a HUGE difference in how they turn out:
MUST-FOLLOW TIPS FOR MAKING THESE COOKIES:
- MIXER. You really need to make these in an electric mixer, a hand mixer just doesn’t work well with this recipe. Because you’re not creaming the butter and sugars, the dough is really thick and it is hard to incorporate the dry ingredients well enough with just a hand mixer.
- BUTTER & SUGAR. Don’t soften your butter before hand, you want it to be cold. Don’t even think about “creaming” the butter and the sugars together, just mix them for about 30 seconds or so. There will still be pebble-sized lumps of butter, but don’t worry because they will be gone by the time you mix in all the other ingredients.
- BAKING. Do not over bake, they will still look slightly under baked.
- CHOCOLATE CHIPS. Use Guittard milk chocolate chips if you can, they are the best ever and make all the difference in these cookies!
- KEEP DOUGH CHILLED. While you have a batch baking, keep the remaining cookie dough in the fridge until you’re ready to bake the next batch.
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon alt
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 pkg. milk chocolate chips (Guittard are BEST!)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a large mixing bowl mix butter and sugars, just about 30 seconds or so. DO NOT CREAM! You will still have some lumps of butter.
- Add egg and vanilla and and mix just until eggs are incorporated. (You will/should still have a few small lumps of butter.)
- Add flour, salt, baking soda and cocoa. Mix until all blended together. Stir in chocolate chips. (the dough will be stiff).
- Roll dough balls by hand, making them slightly larger than normal. Pat them down slightly after placing them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 8-9 minutes, DO NOT OVER BAKE. Remove from cookie sheets and cool on a cooling rack.
- Category: Cookies