- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- Pinch of salt
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 12 Oreo cookies, broken into coarse crumbs, divided
- 1 cup whipping cream, sweetened and whipped
- In a medium saucepan, bring half-and-half, 3 tablespoons of the sugar and salt to a simmer over medium heat.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks, cornstarch and remaining 3 tablespoons sugar. Whisk until smooth. Slowly whisk 1 cup of the warm half-and-half mixture into the egg yolk mixture to temper it. Carefully pour the tempered yolk mixture back into the pan with the remaining half-and-half, whisking while you pour.
- Continue to cook the mixture over medium heat, whisking constantly until mixture is thickened (takes only a minute or so). Remove from heat and whisk in the butter, both chocolates and vanilla. Continue to whisk until mixture is smooth. Strain pudding through a fine-mesh strainer into a clean bowl. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly against the surface of the pudding. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 to 3 hours.
- Just before serving, add 1 tablespoon of cookie crumbs to each of the 12 4-oz wide-mouth Mason jars, then add about 1/2 cup pudding and then top with whipped cream and sprinkle with remaining Oreo crumbs.
- Category: Desserts