This chocolate cream pie is the perfect dessert after any meal . . .smooth, creamy and absolutely delicious.
- 5 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 3/4 cups half-n-half
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup chocolate syrup ((I use Hershey’s))
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbl. salted butter
- 1 cup whipping cream (, sweetened and whipped)
- 1 prepared pie crust (, any type)
- Chocolate curls for garnish (, optional)
- Mix the cornstarch, sugar and salt in a 3-quart saucepan. Slowly whisk in the milk and half-and-half. Heat over medium heat until smooth and thick, stirring constantly.
- In a small bowl with the egg yolks, pour a small amount of the hot mixture into egg yolks, blend thoroughly, then, pour the egg yolk mixture back into the saucepan and whisk, add the chocolate syrup and continue cooking for another three minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and the butter. Stir until butter is melted. Pour into prepared pie crust. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing it directly onto the surface of the pie and refrigerate until chilled, 4-5 hours. Serve with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- Category: Dessert