- Dipping chocolate or candy melts
- Large marshmallows
- Candy Corns
- Candy eyes
- Sucker sticks
- Paper leafs
- Melt chocolate in a small, deep dish. I like to use my glass pyrex 2-cup measuring cup because then the chocolate is deep and easy to dip the marshmallows into. I usually melt mine in the microwave on 50 percent power for 2 minutes, then stir it really well. If it still needs more time, continue cooking it at 50 percent power in 30 second increments. You can also turn your oven to 170 degrees and place the dish of chocolate in there for 10 minutes or so.
- Poke the sucker stick through two large marshmallows, make sure they are touching.
- Dip marshmallows into chocolate, swirl around until completely coated. Allow excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place candy eyes and candy corn on while chocolate is still wet.
- Place on wax paper until chocolate is set.
- Place one marshmallow turkey on top of a paper leaf and put at each place setting
If you are going to use some of the turkeys maybe in a centerpiece and want them to be standing, place a small dab of chocolate on the leaf and then gently press onto the back of the turkey. Also, if you live in Salt Lake, I buy the candy eyes at Orson Gygi’s or Bakers Cash and Carry in Murray.
- Category: Candy/Treats