On the 6th Day of Sugar my true love gave to me . . . .Chocolate M&M Cookies
We are half-way through this sugar madness. Anyone else in a sugar coma besides me? I’m pretty sure I’ve consumed way too many sugar calories these past several days. . .waaaay too many!
Today I just have a simple, chocolate M&M cookie recipe to share. They are nothing fancy but they are extremely delicious. Chewy, chocolaty and full of mini M&M’s. Perfect cookies to take to your next cookie exchange because who doesn’t love M&M cookies? If you can find the Christmas colored mini M&M’s, they would be so cute in these. I actually had some and forgot to use them (duh).
I got a little distracted while I was measuring my cocoa and put a little too much in, so these look really dark and chocolaty, which they were, but were still fabulous.
Six days down, six more to go. . . .I need some veggies.Print
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1–1/4 cups (2–1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mini M&M’s
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or silpat liner.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in mini M&M’s. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Recipe Source: Adapted from Hershey’s