These Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes are rich, and fudgy and will impress anyone. Simple, but decadent, and done in about 25 minutes. They make a delicious dessert or Valentine’s day treat!
Oh have I got a good one for you today. Valentine’s Day is just a few short days away so I wanted to share a delicious, decadent dessert that couldn’t be easier or more delicious! These Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes are the bomb! The warm, gooey, fudgy center is heavenly and you’re going to fall in love!
Gooey, chocolatey, rich, decadent, sweet, but not too sweet . . . it’s a dessert that you can’t go wrong with. Unless of course you don’t love chocolate and in that case, I don’t think we can be friends.😉
I’ve made these so many times, and can’t believe I’ve never shared the recipe. Oops, definitely my bad.
Honestly anyone who takes a bite of these is going to be in chocolate heaven and you’re going to become an instant rockstar. They are super chocolatey, rich without being too heavy, and have enough sweetness to satisfy your sweet tooth. They’re like a cross between cake and a fudgy brownie with the inside full of gooey, chocolate lava.
HERE IS A LINEUP OF THE INGREDIENTS:
- Butter: I use salted because that’s just what I always bake with. Many recipes for lava cakes that I saw called for unsalted, but use what you prefer.
- Semi-sweet Chocolate: I use the Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate bar for these cake when I make them. I have used semi-sweet chocolate chips before when I haven’t had a chocolate bar on hand and they worked great.
- Powdered Sugar: Make sure you use powdered sugar and not granulated sugar. The powdered sugar helps give the smooth, thick texture of the lava filling.
- Eggs: You will need two whole eggs and two egg yolks. Save the whites for another use or discard them.
- Flour: All purpose flour is what you’ll need.
WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE RAMEKINS?
I highly recommend using ramekins, but if you don’t have any you can use a muffin tin. Grease six of the muffin cups and bake at 425 degrees for about 8 to 10 minutes. Keep in mind, these will be smaller than if you used ramekins.
WANT TO TAKE THESE UP A NOTCH?
If you’re feeling a little rebellious and naughty, then try putting a heaping spoonful of peanut butter, Nutella, salted caramel, or a Lindt truffle in the center of these before baking them. Um, hello deliciousness!
While these are phenomenal on their own, try topping them with ice cream, chocolate or caramel sauce, fresh berries, a dusting of powdered sugar, whipping cream, etc. They’rePrint
Recipe Source: Myfoodandfamily.com