This Chocolate Mousse Meringue Crust Pie is the most amazing chocolate pie ever! A meringue crust topped with a simple, but decadent chocolate mousse layer and topped off with fresh whipped cream. It’s seriously heaven!
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large (5-7 oz.) milk chocolate bar (I use Hershey’s)
- 3 Tbsp. evaporated milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped and sweetened
- Butter one 9-inch pie plate. Set aside.
- Place egg whites in a large mixing bowl and beat until white and fluffy. (I use my KitchenAid stand mixer).
- Add the vanilla and vinegar and then slowly add in the sugar with the mixer still going. Continue beating until mixture is stiff (but not dry). **Sometimes they won’t stiffen up very well, but will still be thick and shiny, that’s ok you can still use them.
- Pour into a buttered 9″ pie dish and press up against the sides. Bake at 300 degrees for 40-50 minutes. Turn off oven and allow to cool in oven.
- In small sauce pan, melt chocolate and evaporated milk over low heat. Stir until smooth and chocolate is completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Allow to cool.
- While chocolate is cooling, whip 1 cup whipping cream in large mixing bowl. Fold cooled chocolate mixture into the whipped cream until well combined.
- Pour into meringue shell (don’t worry if the shell is cracked and sinks in the middle). Allow to chill in the fridge at least several hours (4 to 5), but preferably overnight.
- Whip 1 cup whipping cream (be sure to sweeten it with sugar and vanilla). Spread over chocolate mousse.
- Top with chocolate sprinkles or chocolate curls.
- Try not to eat the WHOLE thing!!!
- Category: Pies & Pastries